Thursday, June 18, 2009

MY SWEETHEART

I have been lucky enough to have been blessed with 2 wonderful men in my life.
And as Father’s Day approaches I want to honor both of them.
The first is Craig - my husband and the father of my children.
I love him so much…How blessed I am to have him in my life.
I met Craig on a blind date…
Dawn was dating his Uncle Darrell and Craig had just returned from a mission in Australia…no one like the girl he was dating…so they lined us up on a blind date.
I did not want to go as Dawn had lined me up with a few guys and they could all be classified as “worst dates ever”…but because of the situation I agreed to go.
I was told his name was Craig Winthrop, he was blind in one eye and going to dental school…I was not excited. However that description was not accurate.
He came to the door and all changed. I thought he looked like Ryan O’neal.
(If you watch his slide you will see one picture that slightly resembles Ryan O’neal)
It was love at first sight…at least for me. It took a 2 or 3 months to convince him…but finally he was caught. Life has not been without squabbles and struggles…but I can honestly say I have never regretted that catch in my life.
Craig is a great Dad. He has never been afraid to have fun…I was always the party poop in our house. His children are so important in his life. As they were growing up, he loved taking them fishing, hunting, to their ball games. Sometimes I think they would have rather had him stay home from their ball games. But there was no keeping him away…There was nothing he loved more than to watch them play ball…Soccer, baseball, basketball…or whatever. He loved anything a kid loved…I think that is why they got along with him so well.
He was always willing to sit through the girls dance recitals…they were not quite as exciting as a ball game to him…as a matter of fact he suffered during any dance that his daughter was not in.
He was not just their dad…he was their friend.
Craig is an awesome Grandpa…He worries more about his grandchildren than he ever worried about his own…I think that is caused by finally growing up.
Craig always has a funny story and everyone loves to hear them…from jumping off the house onto the tramp and breaking his tail bone to his jeep driving down the street without him…and about a thousand in between.
Craig is sensitive…he cries at a movie long before I do.
Shopping is hard, actually it is tortuous for him, but I love it when he does it for me.
A while ago when trying to figure out what to get me for Christmas he told one of the kids that he just wanted to get me something that would make me feel like a million bucks. I loved that…He is so cute.
He however did love shopping for me for Mother’s Day…He gave me my very own gun…it is kind of a cute one too.
Craig is a hard worker. Most of our married life he has worked more than one job to make ends meet. I don’t know if he realizes how much that means to me…It makes me sad sometimes that he always had to work so hard
Craig is spiritual…I love to see him study the scriptures…and he loves doing that. Church history is among his favorite things...I marvel at how much he knows and how well he understands.
I could go on forever…He is the best…
I Love you Craig…HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny that Chris and I met on a blind date as well, and what I was exspecting was a "nerd" by the way Chris had been explained to me. Do not know if it was love at first sight as I was dating someone else....but lucky for me we broke up a week later and Chris was there for me:)

Rob and Bec said...

I dont know how i missed this post but dad is pretty amazing however all is wonderful qualities are only bettered by you.

......................Through the Years

......................Through the Years
Top Quality Wedding Flick...Don't ya think?

Our first pictures after we were married. Craig left for Boot Camp two days after this picture.

Pam, Craig, Mindie, Jared

Jared, Pam, Chris, Craig, Mindie

Mindie, Jared, Craig, Chris Becky, Pam

Mindie, Pam, Sarah, Craig, Jared, Becky, Chris

Jared, Craig, Mindie, Chris, Pam, Sarah, Becky

Chris, Craig, Jared, Pam, Bridget, Becky, Jeremy, Sarah, Mindie, Maddie

What can I say.....

Mindie, Jared, Pam, Craig, Sarah, Chris, Becky

So here we are today...okay 3 1/2 years ago and...and yes we are missing a few Grandkkids in this picture and Trevor, but we are working on an update...